We've put together some high-level information for you to use if you're mentioning us in a story. You can read more about our story or learn more about our team elsewhere on the site.
Meducation is the leading medical education network. Our vision is to bring medical professionals and their knowledge together into one digital space to improve the quality of medical education for everyone. Our members have created and collected thousands of useful medical education resources, which the discuss curate and share with each other.
Established in 2008 by Dr Alastair Buick and Jeremy Walker, Meducation has grown from a small medical student website to the main international hub for medical educational resources.
- 164,000 members - mixture of medical students and doctors. International.
- 121,935 resources (of which 16,417 are hosted on the website).
- Established 2008.
- Seed round in Oct 2013 (£545k - £365k private investment matched by £180 from the UK’s innovation agency, Innovate UK).
- New site launched in June 2015.
- Currently growing at 10k users per month.
- Co-founders - Dr Alastair Buick and Jeremy Walker
- Board of Directors: Dr Alastair Buick, Mr Raymond Buick, Keith Ashworth, Arif Ahmed.
- Moderators: 147 volunteer moderators.